15 March 2009

Finally a Day Off

I think things are finally under control at work, so a day off from both work and gym. Headed into Boston with the wife and finally cleared out the camera from some older pictures. Here's a few of interest, some go back a few weeks.

a) scrambled eggs with leftover stuffed peppers:

b) This was the grilled lamb with smashed cauliflower:

c) At Boston's Museum of Science showing a big honkin Sequoia. Posted just because I'm shocked myself how thin my face looks sometimes (anti-carb-face).

d) Boston's Museum of Science exhibit showing various jawbones and skulls. Thought the comment regarding diet was interesting after just discussing this with Mark in his post. Was looking for a good exhibit of Hominid or stone age man evolution or taking down a mammoth, but none was to be had.

e) Dinner at McCormick & Schmick's. I had the pan-seared sole with asparagus, spaghetti squash, and mixed veggies - hold the mashed potatoes. Did have a Bass ale, since they were out of Guinness most likely due to Saturday pre-St. Patrick's Day demands.


f) Anyone reading may wonder what the hell this next picture is about. Fault is really with me as I was not quick enough with the camera. Just disappearing behind the tree was someone of considerable diameter - but what we really noticed was the bag from Mike's Pastry. So this wasn't just the normal bag, but the jumbo sized one - probably loaded with about 2000g of concentrated sugar.
Anyway, 148 on scale this morning. Nut and fruit intake was up this last week since I made a fruit salad at the wife's request. Planning on an intermittent fast for tomorrow.



















3 comments:

  1. Good looking eats. That spaghetti squash looks exactly like angel hair pasta! How do you prep it? I am going ot give is a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. Nice to see a picture of you to associate a blog with a face.

    The lamb/cauli looks outstanding.

    SoG - checkout http://cavemanfood.blogspot.com/2009/01/paleo-spaghetti.html for how too cook spaghetti squash. I love that stuff and it couldn't be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SoG / Mark, I cook it a little differently from Elizabeth. Here's how I do it. Preheat oven to 375F. Get a sharp friggin knife and cut lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Brush with EVOO and add sprinkle with cracked pepper. Place on cookie sheet cut-side down and bake for approximately 45 minutes. You know it is done when the fork easily makes strings. To get it all out, I usually use two forks - one to stabilize it, and the other to rake the squash into a serving dish.

    I found that putting it cut-side down with some evoo makes just the slightest crispy crust (but not too crispy) and helps tranfer the heat to the rest of the squash.

    Mark - yeah, I'm a little camera shy, so I don't post the face too often - but more pics are on the FB account with me and the missus.

    ReplyDelete