04 May 2009

Back in the Saddle

"I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again
I'm back
I'm back in the saddle again"
-Aerosmith

Well that's how I feel. Fantatstic. After battling almost a week of upper respiratory infection / chest cold / swine flu / ebola / whatever, I feel much better.

Easy day at work and managed to sneak out for another bout with slo-mo as follows. Weight and/or times up across the board from last time, though I was feeling a bit of illness onset last time:

- Exercise: wt [lb] / TUL [sec]
- Leg press: 240 / 155
- Chest press: 135 / 130
- Military press: 70 / 60
- Seated rows: 115 / 80
- Lat pulldowns: 85 / 80
- Curls: 55 / 105
- Dips: - / 80

Returned to work and listed to some good podcasts from Superhumanradio regarding raw foods and finding a local farm. Off the top of my head I remember a few links recommended such as localharvest.org and eatwild.com. I'll be looking into these in the future to find some better nutrition selections.

In light of the recent body fat measurement, I'm taking a break from nuts completely, for a while. Disregard the almond meal used for dinner tonite. Trader Joe's had it at $3.99/lb; hard to beat that for whole almonds. Made coconut fried chicken with julienned steamed green and yellow squash. Had 6 strawberries for desert.



1 comment: