Been pretty busy at work lately, but at long last are the 2/1 Biggest Gainer updates.
Starting on 1/8 (ish) the stats for lean muscle mass (LMM) were as follows:
Andy: 148.4 @11.3% BF = 131.6
Decarlo: 174 @7.8% BF = 160.4
Jeff: 187 @11.9% BF = 164.7
Manny: 145 @11.6 BF = 128.2
Zach: 209 @12.5% BF = 182.9 (late entry, stats from like a week ago)
Results as of 2/1 (ish)
Andy: 155.0 @10.1% BF = 139.3
Decarlo: 174.9 @7.8% BF = 161.3
Jeff: 186 @ 10.5% BF = 166.5
Manny: 144 @ 11.6% BF = 127.3
Zach: 209 @ 12.5% BF = 182.9
So, percentage wise this sums up as:
Interesting. Now for myself, changes I have made since the contest stare are:
- I'm on the see-food diet, but keeping it in the paleo world
- only doing like 1 IF per week
- trying not to skip meals and sometimes powering down and extra serving
- taking some protein shakes 2x day
- interval sprints only (no chronic cardio)
- amping up the intensity with heavier weights and 5x5 protocol
- going to near failure on some sets
Also been thinking that fruit and nut excess is what drives my body fat up or down. Happy to see it drop a solid 1%. Also thinking that my weight was on the low side when the contest started (don't call me sandbagger).
The 5x5 protocol does get someone tiresome, but like last year I'm seeing some benefits. Like doing deadlifts for 5x5 with 185 today and got 225 for 3 for 1 set last week. For me (the a=1, hahahah) that seems to be what helps. To each his own.
Next weigh in 2/15. Between now and then more food pics and Tales From the Gym coming.
Is Keto Bad for the Thyroid?
2 hours ago